Friday, March 5, 2010

Artists & DJs, Cmon... (Orig. Post Date 11/25/08)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:46 PM
Music Artists and DJs.... Cmon...
Current mood: knighted
Category: Music
Ok, I was gettin tired of hearin dis shit, but now I'm fed up.... This shit is so wack it comes back to what type of person YOU really are...

"Fuck dis DJ cuz he won't play my shit" "Fuck Dat artist, he ain't even known yet."

Here in my city, we all deal wit hatin as people in the music industry because everybody wants to be the first to blow... All it means is braggin rights. If ur first in, you'll probably be first out too. We've beat the come-together-as-a-city thing to death and nobody is willin to start it. What really irritates me though, is that some artists and managers don't understand why some DJs won't play they shit. There's a few reasons.

1. Yo shit is WACK!

2. It's not a hit... (We'll discuss what constitutes a hit lata)

3. It's not presently correctly.

4. That DJ may play to a certain crowd that your music doesn't appeal too.

Now, Ima vent...

To some of these music artists, you need to examine your craft and product before you decide to share it with the world. If you have any doubt, so will we. I, personally, hate bubblegum rap and most songs about dances. What's bubblegum rap? If the majority of your song is about a cartoon character or money(that u don't have) or lavish lifestyles(that ur not living), that's bubblegum. You blew it up only to spit it out... I still fuck wit "The Down The Way" by Tocka cuz it was original and shouted every hood in da Nati. Then everybody tried to bandwagon and it lost it's effect. I go to da clubs in da Nati and I don't dance all over da place or look at myself in the mirror so Im not gonna be into a song like dat... Matter of fact, most of the people that make songs about dances, don't dance themselves either... Hmmm....

DJ's.... I know it's a grind, but when u got real talent starin u in the face and u refuse to play the music or lie and say you will, u lose integrity. Today, that's more important than the $$ you might, or might not, make one day. Plus, if you from da city, then u already know how hard it is to get played here and u don't wanna give back? We listen to you spin all that industry bullshit and help get yall paid at the end of the night by comin to da clubs, but yall can't help us? Radio DJ's can't play anything besides what their programmer receives approval from the owner of the station. No need in even being upset with them. They're puppets when they're on air... In da streets may be different...

Now, saying all this would be pointless if I didn't have a solution. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... If you fuck wit us, we fuck wit u. If u don't fuck wit us, get steamrolled cuz we takin da city wit us. We ain't no hatin ass niggas, no fake thugs. Just real niggas with great music and a decent message. FTW is a movement, not a group.

Secondly, if u need Radio Air Play, not just locally but, worldwide ask me... I CAN REALLY GET IT. Im not here to make money off anybody, I'm here to help my city BLOW!!!

What constitutes a hit? Ha, right now it's kinda hard to say with all the mainstream garbage.... A hit is something well put together, thought out, for the people and by the people and makes heads nod, no matter what... If u aint got dat, u ain't gotta hit....

A few shout outs to my niggas(artists and Djs) so we don't get it twisted.(If I don't mention u, it's not because I don't fuck wit you, it's cuz u don't fuck wit us....) FTW off Top, Fo Feva, Cinstar, Jey-9, Patch1, Ran, DJ Boz(WrldWide Radio), Dj Dee(For keepin it 100), DJ Nastee(Gators DJ), DoeBoy(Grind Capitol), Tedo(All Flame), Kenny P(A1), Frank Talley, Tezz, and a few others....

99+1

No comments:

Post a Comment